Who is in charge around here? With 26 Resident Counselors, 2 Lifeguards, 2 Lifeguard-certified Aquatics Directors, 2 Adventure Directors a Music Director, Crafts Director, a Recreation Director, a First Aid Director, a Program Utilities Facilitator, and 4 Camp Directors fully trained and certified to lead, your campers are in very capable hands. These 41 summer staff members receive 156 hours of training during orientation, led by the Executive Director and Program Director in order to make Lakeshore summers run like a well-oiled machine!
Here are the requirements to be hired for summer staff:
- Graduated H.S. and older (The majority of summer staff are in college.)
- Currently active in some sort of faith community: youth group, campus ministry, bible study etc.
- Current 1st Aid, CPR, & AED certifications
- Pass a Background Check
- Complete an extensive application and provide references
- Participate in an interview with the interview team: Executive Director, Program Director, all Summer Directors, board members, and former staff
- Have completed Lakeshore’s Counselor Training
- Hold proper credentials for activities they lead:
- Current Lifeguard Certification (Pool & Waterfront)
- TWRA Boating License
- USA Archery Level 1
We hire mature young adults that give of their time, talents, energy, and faith to ensure that your child has the most amazing week of his or her life. They sacrifice a lot to be able to serve in a leadership capacity for your camper. They do all of this so your child can have the opportunity to experience God in a loving and accepting faith community.