What We Do
Lakeshore is a camp and retreat center on the shores of the Tennessee River, providing Christian hospitality, rest and reflection for guests of all ages and backgrounds. While Lakeshore is an extension ministry of the United Methodist Church, you do not have to be United Methodist to attend. ALL are welcome.
Our mission is to offer ways for ALL to encounter life, love and the God of Grace.
At Lakeshore, we follow the seven foundations of United Methodist Camp and Retreat Ministry.
- Partner with United Methodist Churches & Agencies – Lakeshore is blessed to be an extension of the churches and ministries of the Tennessee-Western Kentucky Conference, but are also proud to extend beyond the Methodist denomination and welcome people of all faith backgrounds.
- Provide Sacred Places Apart – Many of our guests say that Lakeshore feels like Holy Ground, and we agree. It is a sacred place to rest and reflect.
- Extend Christian Hospitality and Community – Camp is big on hospitality, which is why it feels like a home away from home. We want to provide the best opportunity possible for our guests.
- Nurture Christian Faith and Discipleship – Lakeshore is a place where people are immersed in a loving, prayerful learning environment. We focus on learning about scripture and praising God together.
- Develop Principled Spiritual Leaders – Our staff not only ensures the safety of all our guests and facilitates fun, but they are also equipped to have deep conversations and be role models in faith.
- Teach Creation Care and Appreciation – Camp has an environmental education program, participates in Meatless Monday and strongly emphasizes recycling and reducing waste.
- Inspire and Equip Lives for Love and Justice – So many of our camp alum have gone on to serve in ministry and take up the mantle for social justice all over the United States and the world. God uses this place as a training ground for big things.
Read more about United Methodist Camp and Retreat Ministry’s emphasis on the seven foundations here.
Lakeshore partners with several other United Methodist Churches and Agencies in hopes of working better together through collaboration. We have partnerships with: