1. Partner with United Methodist Churches & Agencies – Lakeshore is blessed to be an extension of the churches and ministries of the Tennessee-Western Kentucky Conference, but are also proud to extend beyond the Methodist denomination and welcome people of all faith backgrounds.
2. Provide Sacred Places Apart – Many of our guests say that Lakeshore feels like Holy Ground, and we agree. It is a sacred place to rest and reflect.
3. Extend Christian Hospitality and Community – Camp is big on hospitality, which is why it feels like a home away from home. We want to provide the best opportunity possible for our guests.
4. Nurture Christian Faith and Discipleship – Lakeshore is a place where people are immersed in a loving, prayerful learning environment. We focus on learning about scripture and praising God together.
5. Develop Principled Spiritual Leaders – Our staff not only ensures the safety of all our guests and facilitates fun, but they are also equipped to have deep conversations and be role models in faith.
6. Teach Creation Care and Appreciation – Camp has an environmental education program, participates in Meatless Monday and strongly emphasizes recycling and reducing waste.
7. Inspire and Equip Lives for Love and Justice – So many of our camp alum have gone on to serve in ministry and take up the mantle for social justice all over the United States and the world. God uses this place as a training ground for big things.
Read more about United Methodist Camp and Retreat Ministry’s emphasis on the seven foundations here.