What We Do
Life, Love, and the God of Grace
Lakeshore is located on the shore of the Tennessee River
providing Christian hospitality, rest, and reflection
for guests of all ages and backgrounds since 1948.
Programming at Lakeshore includes summer camps, parent/child weekend,
special need camps, retreats, work weekends, banquets, and a variety of other events.
At Lakeshore, we follow the seven foundations of the United Methodist Camp and Retreat Ministry.
1. Partner with United Methodist Churches & Agencies – Lakeshore is blessed to be an extension of the churches and ministries of the Tennessee-Western Kentucky Conference, but are also proud to extend beyond the Methodist denomination and welcome people of all faith backgrounds.
2. Provide Sacred Places Apart – Many of our guests say that Lakeshore feels like Holy Ground, and we agree. It is a sacred place to rest and reflect.
3. Extend Christian Hospitality and Community – Camp is big on hospitality, which is why it feels like a home away from home. We want to provide the best opportunity possible for our guests.
4. Nurture Christian Faith and Discipleship – Lakeshore is a place where people are immersed in a loving, prayerful learning environment. We focus on learning about scripture and praising God together.
5. Develop Principled Spiritual Leaders – Our staff not only ensures the safety of all our guests and facilitates fun, but they are also equipped to have deep conversations and be role models in faith.
6. Teach Creation Care and Appreciation – Camp has an environmental education program, participates in Meatless Monday and strongly emphasizes recycling and reducing waste.
7. Inspire and Equip Lives for Love and Justice – So many of our camp alum have gone on to serve in ministry and take up the mantle for social justice all over the United States and the world. God uses this place as a training ground for big things.
Read more about United Methodist Camp and Retreat Ministry’s emphasis on the seven foundations here.
We have partnerships with:
* Christ Cafe
* Second Harvest
* Cedar Crest Camp and Retreat Center
* Beersheba Springs Camp and Retreat Center
Lakeshore partners with several other United Methodist Churches and Agencies in hopes of working better together through collaboration.