We are so excited about Summer 2023! Experience Life, Love, and the God of Grace at one of our 40+ camp options for all ages and interests. We look forward to another year of phenomenal staff, outstanding leadership, and amazing campers. This is a summer you won’t want to miss!
*For Counselor Training, click on the link to register for summer 2023 and sign up that way.
Tiered Pricing and Payment Plans
Summer camp is a positive life-changing experience for many children and youth. We believe every child should be able to come to camp, which is why we are introduced tiered pricing. As a result, Lakeshore summer camps are of great value! We are proud to say that all of our basic camp programs are priced under the regional average price.
You may be surprised to learn that the rates Lakeshore has historically charged are subsidized and well below the true cost of a week at camp. Camps across the country are receiving fewer and fewer subsidies, and Lakeshore is no exception. To continue to offer the same great programming with new and improved activities, rates would need to increase drastically. Rather than raise prices on all families, tiered pricing essentially asks families with greater financial means to consider picking a tier more closely resembling the direct cost of camp. This honor system approach makes it financially possible for any child to come to camp.
Tiered pricing is intended to allow families to select the level of payment most appropriate for their circumstances. Each family may freely choose to participate in Tier 1, Tier 2, or Tier 3 levels of payment. Every camper has the same experience regardless of the selected tier, and only the office will know who chose which payment level. Lakeshore believes every child should be able to come to camp and will continue to offer camperships for campers who need greater financial assistance.
An explanation of the three tiers
Tier 1: True- For families blessed to be able to pay first-tier pricing, this tier more accurately reflects the true cost of camp, including all aspects of maintaining facilities in good condition, insurance, utilities, etc. By choosing this tier, you can help Lakeshore make needed upgrades and continue to grow in the future.
Tier 2: Intermediate- This tier is a mid-level between our historically subsidized rate and the true cost of camp. This tier more closely reflects the direct costs of a week of camp, including program costs, food, summer staff, and camp administration.
Tier 3: Historically Subsidized- This tier most closely matches our traditional fee structure, which has been subsidized. This rate does not reflect what it “really costs” to offer camp programs. Because we want to make every effort to keep the cost of camp as affordable as possible, Tier 3 will keep the historically subsidized rate.
Our Goals for Tiered Pricing
• To offer the highest quality programs possible, providing opportunities for fun,
fellowship, inspiration, and adventure.
• To make camp affordable for all income levels.
• To preserve camp for generations to come.
• To provide an opportunity for partnership with those in a position to further impact of
Lakeshore’s summer ministry.
Again, this program is voluntary and in no way influences the experience children receive. Yet, it offers the opportunity for families to take an active role in supporting the true cost of their child’s camp experience.
Payment Plan Options
- Pay in full at the time of registration
- Payment Plans
- Pay $50 at the time of registration and have the rest of your payment broken up over several months. These payments will come out on the first of each month, and the last one will be on June 1, 2023
- The number of payment plans will depend on when you register. The earlier you register, the more options you will have. (Example: If you register in January, you can break up your payment over five months. But if you register in April, your payment will be broken up over two months.)
- Church Charge
- If your church is paying a portion of your child’s camp fee, please indicate what portion they are willing to cover and your church’s contact information. You will be responsible for the $50 registration fee and the remaining balance.