We are so excited about Summer 2022! Come experience Life, Love and the God of Grace at one of our 40+ camp options for all ages and interests. We are looking forward to another year of phenomenal staff, exquisite leadership, and amazing campers. This is a summer you won’t want to miss!
*For Counselor Training, click on the link to register for summer 2022 and sign up that way.
Effective Camp Project
Lakeshore is one of more than 20 ministry sites in the United Methodist Camp & Retreat Ministries Association participating in the United Methodist Effective Camp Project. We are partnering with the experienced and respected research team at Sacred Playgrounds in order to tell the camp story in a new way and improve our camp programs for all participants. By participating in this exciting project, we hope to take an honest look at how we are doing in serving our summer camp families and achieving desired outcomes. Data from our camp will also help tell the larger story of the benefits of United Methodist camping ministries to families
and the church!
With parent/guardian permission, we are surveying a selection of summer campers at the beginning and end of camp, and 8 weeks after camp ends. We will measure lasting change in critical areas like self-confidence, personal faith, social skills, and faith practices. As of summer 2019, more than 7,000 campers and 1,700 parents at 37 camps from across the United States and Canada have participated in this project. These camps represent multiple Christian denominations. If you are interested in looking into the data, you can find it at www.effectivecamp.com.
If you would like to learn more about the United Methodist Effective Camp Project, you can contact our Program Director, Allison Doyle.
Tiered Pricing and Payment Plans
Summer camp is a positive life-changing experience for many children and youth. We believe that every child should be able to come to camp, which is why we are introducing tiered pricing. Lakeshore summer camps are of great value! We are proud to say that all of our basic camp programs are priced under the regional average price.
You may be surprised to learn that the rates Lakeshore has historically charged are subsidized and well below the true cost of a week at camp. Camps across the country are receiving fewer and fewer subsidies, and Lakeshore is no exception. In order to continue to offer the same great programming with new and improved activities, rates would need to increase drastically. Rather than raise prices on all families, tiered pricing essentially asks families with greater financial means to consider picking a tier more closely resembling the direct cost of camp. This honor system approach makes it financially possible for any child to come to camp.
Tiered pricing is intended to allow families to select the level of payment most appropriate for their circumstances. Each family may freely choose to participate in Tier 1, Tier 2, or Tier 3 level of payment. Every camper has the same experience regardless of the chosen tier and only the office will know who chose which payment level. Lakeshore believes that every child should be able to come to camp and will continue to offer camperships for campers who need greater financial assistance.
An explanation of the three tiers
Tier 1: True- For families who are blessed to be able to pay first tier pricing, this tier more accurately reflects the true cost of camp including all aspects of maintaining facilities in good condition, insurance, utilities, etc. By choosing this tier, you can help Lakeshore make needed upgrades and continue to grow in the future.
Tier 2: Intermediate- This tier is a mid-level between our historically subsidized rate and the true cost of camp. This tier more closely reflects the direct costs of a week of camp, including program costs, food, summer staff, and camp administration.
Tier 3: Historically Subsidized- This tier most closely matches our traditional fee structure, which has been subsidized. This rate does not reflect what it “really costs” to offer camp programs. Because we want to make every effort to keep the cost of camp as affordable as possible, Tier 3 will keep the historically subsidized rate.
Our Goals for Tiered Pricing
• To offer the highest quality programs possible, providing opportunities for fun,
fellowship, inspiration, and adventure.
• To make camp affordable for all income levels.
• To preserve camp for generations to come.
• To provide an opportunity for partnership with those in a position to further impact of
Lakeshore’s summer ministry.
Again, please note that this program is voluntary and in no way influences the experience children receive, yet it offers the opportunity for families to take an active role in supporting the true cost of their child’s camp experience.
Payment Plan Options
• Pay in full
• 6 Installment payments – $50 deposit at time of registration, then 6 equal installment payments automatically processed on the 1st of the following 6 months. This payment option available through December.
• 5 Installment payments – $50 deposit at time of registration, then 5 equal installment payments automatically processed on the 1st of the following 5 months. This payment option available through January.
• 4 Installment payments – $50 deposit at time of registration, then 4 equal installment payments automatically processed on the 1st of the following 4 months. This payment option available through February.
• 3 Installment payments – $50 deposit at time of registration, then 3 equal installment payments automatically processed on the 1st of the following 3 months. This payment option available through March.
• 2 Installment payments – $50 deposit at time of registration, then 2 equal installment payments automatically processed on the 1st of the following 2 months. This payment option available in April.
• If you register in May – $50 deposit at time of registration – balance of payment due
processed on June 1st.
• If you register June 1st or after – payment due in full at time of registration.