We do everything possible to provide quality programs that are affordable. Our volunteers help to ensure that can happen year after year. Your gift of time helps us support ongoing operations, provide camperships, upgrade facilities, and prepare for the future. We can always find a place for you or your group to help build up this place we all call home.
A week of volunteering with a bunch of kids is a ton of fun! VCs have the opportunity to spend a week at camp (for free) and share with younger campers their faith, silly songs, meaningful worships, belly flops in the pool, ultimate games of GaGa ball, and so many friendship bracelets! Being a VC has many perks that make the job worth it, but it is a job. As a VC, you will be responsible for supervising and taking care of up to 12 campers who depend on you to help ensure they have a fantastic week at camp. In addition, you make a huge impact on the lives of campers. You are responsible for ensuring they are physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually safe. It’s a huge task, but we will prepare you along the way. Check out our FAQ for more details.
Fill out the application below and check all the camps you are available to serve. Remember, you don’t have a camp until you are called. You will not be contacted until closer to summer. You can click here if you have not signed up for Counselor Training. Turn in your Volunteer Application as soon as possible. The sooner you turn it in, the better.
Volunteer Counselor Checklist:
Retreat Season Volunteers
Service Projects vary in size and skill type, but we always have several prepared groups that want to work together toward creating something better for our ministry. Here are some examples of things we always need:
- Work Teams – Church groups, community organizations, and other groups can help with building, repair projects, landscaping, and clean up throughout the year.
- Property Clean Up – This is overall the least intensive service project category. Bring your group for a day of helping keep Lakeshore looking beautiful. Groups will help pick up trash around the property, as well as along Lakeshore’s Adopt-A-Highway. Groups will spend a low-energy day fellowshipping while living out the practices of being a good steward.
- Trail Work – This is a chance for everyone to get their hands dirty while blazing new paths through God’s creation. Little skill is needed, but this is a fairly physically demanding job. Make sure you are ready to spend a lot of time in the less-trodden wilderness, moving rocks, limbs, trees, and clearing the way for those who follow to navigate God’s beautiful creation.
- Cabin Renovation – This project category is the most intensive and skill-focused. We are always looking for individuals who have technical skills and are willing to donate their time and expertise to help revitalize Lakeshore’s week-long homes. Cabins are the place where lifelong friendships begin and family is formed. Cabin renovations can include painting, carpentry, electrical work, tile work, and much more.
- Other suggestions – If you have a skill or a desire that you feel fits our needs, please share it with us. We would love to partner with you and help Lakeshore be its best.
If you are interested in joining us for a project, please contact our office for more details. We would love to help you and your group experience practical service in the building of God’s kingdom.